Mary Mooney Bsc.Environmental Health & Safety Mgt. MIOSH.CIEH
- NUI Maynooth Certificate in Training & Continued Education
- Member British Institute of Inn Keepers
- 15 years Health & Safety Experience
- 12 Years Restaurant & Bar Management
Mary grew up in Tullamore, at school she was very competitive in the sporting world, and won many medals and trophies in athletics, camogie, basket ball etc.
After completing her leaving certificate in 1984, she immigrated to London and worked there for 16 years. She started off with secretarial work and progressed onto senior management level in the office management and Bar/Restaurant management.
Mary returned to Ireland in 2002 and studied a BSc in Health & Safety Management and also completed her NUI Certificate in Training & Continued Education. Through out this time she has been working as a Health & Safety Consultant gaining vast experience in various fields including Construction, Manufacturing, Retail & Hospitality.
Safety Statements, Construction Health & Safety Audits
Mary’s time in the UK, comprised of 10 years specialising in the design and opening of bar/restaurant facilities for a large chain in the UK. This included design and workspace layout, stocking, staff recruitment & training. Mary brings her experience of workplace design and organisation of work systems, specific training programs in the hotel and catering industry combined with acute safety skills to risk assessing and provisions of Safety Statements, Construction Health & Safety Audits, Plans, Method Statements & Safety Management Systems.
Mary has vast experience since her return to Ireland and has built up a brilliant reputation throughout the country. Mary has worked on contracts with BNM, Green Isle Foods, Birds Eye, Heatons/Sports Direct and many large construction projects. See testimonials.
With the wide range of experience and further qualifications achieved through out her career, Mary has now set up her own company called A.T.S.S. (Advisory, Training & Safety Services).
Some Health & Safety Roles undertaken
- Pro – active HSE responsibility for a wide range of clients including hotel & catering, office, construction, quarries and factory environments.
- Site audits, devise site specific safety statements & risk assessments.
- Site safety officer of events. (Electric Picnic/World Handball championships/Live Concerts)
- Accident investigation & reporting.
- Completed health & safety audits for Insurance Company. Investigate claims/companies from a health and safety perspective before Insurance Company makes payments or approves cover.
- Coach, mentor and guide employees, business owners and managers, and departmental heads regarding all aspects of health & safety to ensure compliance.
- Coach, mentor and guide store managers and departmental heads regarding all aspects of health & safety to ensure compliance through strategic planning.
- Liaise and maintain strong relationships with the government authorities on all health & safety issues on behalf of companies.
- Implemented robust monitoring systems in claims management/accident/incident monitoring and prevention.
- Manage all contractors to ensure compliance.
- Create and implement site specific training health & safety awareness, manual handling, accident investigation, machine guarding, risk assessment, chemical awareness etc.